[Insight-users] MI registration update

Dill, John john-dill at uiowa . edu
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:16:07 -0600

> Are you scaling you doing any scaling now?
>
> One experiment you could try is to set hold the scaling for
> the rotation
> parameters fixed and vary the translation parameters.
> The smaller the translation parameter scales the "tighter" the allowed
> rotation.

I had originally increased the rotation scaling parameter, which I assume is
equivalent to decreasing the tx scaling parameter because I was getting
jumps in the rotation of like 360 degrees and increased the rotation scale
until it stopped.  I am going to do an experiment just like you suggested,
but wanted to make sure of any other possibilities that might tighten the
rotation parameter range.  Does increasing the rotation scale limit its
"locking" radius, ie it makes it harder to find a larger rotation value?

Thanks,
John