[Insight-users] itkListSampleToHistogramFilter problem

Jisung Kim bahrahm at yahoo . com
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:55:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi. Benjamin.

The statistics part of ITK doesn't support ITK
DataObject-ProcessOject pipeline mechanism. If there
is a pipeline before any statistics classes, you have
to call Update() method of the last componenent
(usually a image filter). In your case, the cast
filter is the last component.

So, the problem you faced is by design. ITK developers
are discussing about expanding the pipeline mechanism
beyond current DataObject-ProcessObject domain. But it
will take some time, I guess.

Thanks,

Jisung Kim
--- Benjamin King <king . benjamin at mh-hannover . de>
wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> the attached program uses a
> itk::ListSampleToHistogramFilter to compute a
> histogram of a volume. I commented out a line that
> Update()s a filter that
> imho should be updated by the
> ListSampleToHistogramFilter.
> Removing the comment yields the desired result, but
> I think this is not how
> it's supposed to be done.
> Maybe it's a problem with the ImageToListAdaptor,
> but I'm not sure about
> that.
>
> Any comments on this are welcome,
>
> Best regards,