[Insight-users] vtkITK mutual information compilation error

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:51:43 -0400

Hi Feng,

This is perfectly normal.

Most of the classes in BasicFilters are templated.
You may verify that their implementations are in
.txx files instead of .cxx files.  Only the classes
in .cxx files are non-templated and will be included
in the libraries.

Templated classes are only instantiated when you
declare one of them in your code. In principle that
results in faster execution at the price of slow
compilation.