[Insight-users] Re: another question

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:08:12 -0500

Hi Fj,

ITK have different kinds of examples.
Some of them run on the command line.
Some of them have a GUI.

The ones that run on the command line have
to be executed from the MS-DOS command
window or the Cygwin Bash shell window.
If you click on them from the file navigator
you will only see the MS-DOS window
pop-up and disappear right away.

Most of the examples that use a GUI require
to install FLTK in your machine. FLTK is not
required for using the ITK library. It is *only*
used by some of the examples.

Once you build ITK all the executables for the
examples are placed in their corresponding
subdirectory. For example, the Morphogenesis
example executable will be placed in your binary
directory under:

myITKBinaryDirectory/Examples/Morphogenesis/Debug/Morphogenesis.exe

Note that VC++ always add a subdirectory with
the configuration you selected at build time:
(Debug, Release, ...etc). For the examples with
GUI you can go directly to their binary directories
and double click on the icon of the .exe file.

It may be simpler to do it from VC++ just to
selecting their project as an active project and
making: Ctrl+F5

Are you interested in running a particular example ?

---------------------------------

In case you want to verify the installation
sequence for examples with GUI, here is
a detailed description:

1) Install FLTK

2) Run CMake and do the following:

2.1) set BUILD_AUXILIARY = ON

2.2) Click on the "Advanced" checkbox
2.2.1) Select FLTK_LIBRARY="... your path to fltk.lib.. "
2.2.2) Select FLTK_INCLUDE_PATH="..your path to fltk dir "
2.2.3) Select FLTK_FLUID_PATH=" your path to /fluid/fluid.exe..."

2.3) set BUILD_FLTKIMAGEVIEWER = ON

2.4) set BUILD_EXAMPLES = ON

2.5) click on "Configure" until no new red items appear.
2.6) click on "OK" (CMake will generate the projects and quit)

3) Open ITK.dsw with VC++.
You should see most of the examples in the list of projects.