[Insight-users] Re: question: Problem with vtk\itk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez@kitware.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:45:55 -0500

Hi Fj,

Auxiliary/vtk

Contains code for interfacing ITK and VTK. This is not officially part of
the ITK Toolkit. It is provided for convinience for those users who may
be interested in using both toolkits together.

If you want to take advantage of this code you have to install VTK in
your system. If you already have VTK in your machine, what may
be missing is to set up the VTK paths correctly.

Note that you can use a "Binary" VTK installation or a "Built" installation.

The "Binary" is the one that you download as compiled libraries and is
intalled in your systems with the Install wizard.

The "Built" exist only if you downloaded VTK source code and compile
it yourself. In some cases people have both of them so CMake is letting
you select which one (if any) you want to use.

Once you select:

USE_INSTALLED_VTK (ON/OFF)
USE_BUILT_VTK (ON/OFF)

Then click on the "Advanced" CMake check box and make sure that
the following paths are set correctly according to your installation:

VTK_BINARY_PATH
VTK_INSTALL_PATH

Please let us know if you continue experiencing any
problems with the installation.