[Insight-users] Re: More on : How to put Thinplatespline into the automatic registration framework?

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:35:06 -0400

Hi zhangzhijun

     ITK is GUI independent

You can use it with MFC, Qt, Gtk or wxWindows...

Just use the Command/Observer mechanism for
communicating with the GUI by passing itk::Events
around.

The reasons why the examples in itk use
FLTK as GUI are:

1) FLTK is Multiplatform
2) FLTK is Open Source
3) FLTK is Compact (small)

We could not use MFC examples in Unix,
or Motif examples in Windows.

Note that in ITK  *ONLY* the Examples use FLTK.

The rest of the tookit is GUI independent and
visualization independent. We went through great
pains to make it that way so anybody could use
it with its favorite GUI and visualization library.

If you would like to contribute any MFC Examples
we will be glad to add them to the toolkit
(with the corresponding CMake flags to build
them only under Windows).