[ITK-dev] Patches for the ITK 4.13 Release Candidate 1

Niels Dekker niels-xtk at xs4all.nl
Mon Dec 4 05:08:03 EST 2017

Francois Budin wrote on December 1st 2017:
> We are planning to tag ITK 4.13 Release Candidate 1 on Monday,
> December 4th. If there is any enhancement that you would like to see
> included in ITK 4.13.0, please submit your patch as soon as possible
> as they need to be reviewed and merged prior. If you have patches that
> have been in the review process for a while and not yet accepted,
> mention that you would like these to be integrated in the upcoming
> release. As a reminder, this means feature freeze for ‘master’
> and, therefore, enhancements should not be merged until after the
> release candidate period. The final release is planned for December
> 18th.

Thank you for the information! Can you please make sure all the Hough
Transform patches that I submitted in the last two months will be
included with the release?

  * ENH: Allow different types accumulator and radius image Hough Circles
filter
  * DOC: Mentioned that HoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter also finds
discs
  * STYLE: HoughTransform calling convenience overload of SetVariance
  * PERF: Improved speed of
HoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter::GenerateData()
  * BUG: HoughTransform GetLines() returned too many lines
  * ENH: Improved HoughTransform2DCirclesImageFilter accuracy,
ushttps://webmail.xs4all.nl/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_id=18151380785a251a18310b7#ing
Math::Round
  * STYLE: Removed HoughTransform GetLines parameter (n), which appears
obsolete
  * BUG: HoughTransform GetCircles() should avoid circles with
accumulator <= 0
  * ENH: Tested HoughTransform CirclesList is empty when NumberOfCircles
is zero
  * BUG: HoughTransform CirclesList should be empty when NumberOfCircles
is zero
  * COMP: Replaced deprecated GetCircles(n) call in HoughTransform
example
  * ENH: Added deprecated GetCircles(unsigned int) overload to
HoughTransform
  * STYLE: Removed HoughTransform GetCircles parameter (n) which appears
obsolete
  * DOC: Added comment that the grafted output image should not be
modified.
  * PERF: GetCircles now calls Graft, instead of copying pixels from
GetOutput(0)
  * PERF: Avoid redundant search in GetCircles(n)
  * STYLE: Removed useless (or obsolete) local bool, 'found'.

I think there is still some more room for improvement, but I hope that
getting these patches into the release will trigger more feedback from
ITK users on how to further improve the ITK Hough Transform.

Kind regards, Niels

--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer