[ITK-dev] imagefilereader

M.Staring at lumc.nl M.Staring at lumc.nl
Tue May 24 10:55:39 EDT 2016

Hi Matt,

This change:
https://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=commitdiff;h=3e1d822985b9eb3548e4fb9891f6773452467a81
is breaking our code where we rely on the availability of the GenerateOutputInformation() function to read image info while avoiding to read the actual data. We use that information to select the correct reader from a list of instantiated readers.

I had a look, and indeed in the base class (ProcessObject) this function is protected, so I guess it qualifies as a bug that GenerateOutputInformation() was public previously. This change does break backward compatibility however.

Do you have a suggestion on how to fix this? I really would like to have functionality in the image readers that read the meta data only, and not the data itself.

Thanks for your advice,
Marius

Marius Staring, PhD
Division of Image Processing (LKEB)
Department of Radiology
Leiden University Medical Center
PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
phone: +31 (0)71 52 62137, fax: +31 (0)71 524 8256 m.staring at lumc.nl