[ITK-dev] problems with programs crashing -- potentially due to multiple versions of ITK?

Tim Jackson tj.jackson1226 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 13:46:56 EDT 2016

Thank you Dženan and Matt for your replies.

I've always built ITK as static libraries, so I don't think that's what the
problem is.  After using Dependency Walker as Matt suggested, it looks like
the crashing is the result of a Java error.  It's looking for procedures in
java.dll, zip.dll, and hpi.dll and not finding them, and then the program
exits JAVAW.EXE with code 255.

I originally thought this was a problem of conflicting ITK versions, but I
realize too that I recently downloaded new versions of Java and changed the
Java Path environmental variables in order to do plugin development for
ImageJ.  Is it possible that something I changed is resulting in the ITK
programs to find conflicting versions of java?  If so, how do I fix that?

Best,
Tim