[ITK-dev] CircleCi for ITK?

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Aug 22 15:49:22 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have gotten CircleCi to compile and test SimpleITK[1]. Occasionally it runs into some memory problems linking, but I was able to over come the time constraint by compiling the library and tests by utilizing distcc with multiple containers, then dividing the testing across the containers.

Based on that work, I was able to do a similar thing for ITK and created a pull request on github with the current status[2].

I would like to discontinue the current ITK continuous builds. The current continuous build should be able to be replaced with the some of the Continuous Integration services available online in a modern on demand basis. The next step would be to update the script to report to CDash correctly.

I would also note that this may be a better way to test many External/Remote ITK modules as it would avoid the maintaince of multiple docker images.

Brad

[1] https://circleci.com/gh/SimpleITK/SimpleITK
[2] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/pull/14