[ITK-dev] use ThreadedIteratorRangePartitioner with itk Container ?

Arnaud Gelas arnaudgelas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:30:07 EDT 2015

Hi Matt,

I would like to use itk::ThreadedIteratorRangePartitioner with
itk::Mesh::PointsContainer or itk::Mesh::CellsContainer (i.e.
itk::VectorContainer or itk::MapContainer).

At first, I am trying to add one test which basically duplicates
itkThreadedIteratorRangePartitionerTest for the case of
itk::VectorContainer, you can find a patch here:

     http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/20079/

I have compilation errors, due to the fact that internally
itk::ThreadedIteratorRangePartitioner uses std::distance and std::advance
which requires some typedefs which are not available for
itk::VectorContainer iterators...

Should I keep on working in that direction? I mean to try to fix these
classes for itk container's iterator (adapt it for these cases)? Make
specialization?

Thanks,
Arnaud