[ITK-dev] Override keyword requirements: New transform compilation errors.

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Nov 24 08:58:21 EST 2014

Community Developers,

Recently a number of builds that are running C++11 have been producing errors when the override moniker is not used on derived method. This is difficult for many contributors to ensure because this is new to C++11 and those who are not compiling for that version of C++ are oblivious to this potential error.

Is it worth the effort to enforce this usage? Or should we try to see if it can only be a warning?

If we want to enforce it's usage then we will _need_ a cdash at home build with this flag, so that we can check the gerrit builds. But I don't think that we have additional cdash at home resources to additional builds.

Hans,

There are some new compilation errors on the dashboard, related to overriding the Transform::GetNumberOfParameteres:
http://open.cdash.org/viewBuildError.php?buildid=3585002

Please let us know if you need some help addressing these in a timely fashion.

Thanks,
Brad