[ITK-dev] Optimizing composite transforms and center of transform

Nicholas Tustison ntustison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 20:57:24 EDT 2014

Hi Brad,

I apologize for the delayed response.  I’m still catching up on my
workload after moving to CA.  We might want to talk to Luis as it
was my understanding that the “center” component of the linear
transforms might be a carry-over from all the “Centered” transforms,
e.g.,

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CenteredAffineTransform.html

which, if I remember correctly, Luis said were somewhat sub optimally
conceived but this was such a long time ago that I might be completely
misremembering.  However, fixing the center for all transforms within
a composite transform is certainly not necessary within the specified
framework.  Rather, the matrix and offset are updated with the “Center”
being updated implicitly.

Nick