[Insight-developers] Timeout in ITK Dahboard build - itkBSplineImageRegistrationTest

David Cole dlrdave at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 08:28:09 EST 2014

This Debug build's test results:

    http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlypassed&buildid=3183810

when sorted by the time column, still shows the worst offenders in ITK
in terms of Debug tests taking too long. (There are nearly 20 tests
that take longer than 3 minutes each.)

The itkBSplineImageRegistrationTest is only the 4th worst. There are 3
tests that take *HOURS* to run on this dashboard, this one completes in
a mere 20 minutes.

I fully support changing this test to make it run at least 5x
(hopefully even 10 or 20x) faster.

I would also really like to see the
itkFastMarchingImageFilterTest_wm_multipleSeeds_* tests speed up....
although they need more like a 100x speed up to make them
reasonable......

Also, once a test is known to be long running, I really think it should
be marked as such in the CMakeLists files of the project, using the
TIMEOUT test property to indicate how long it is expected to take.