[Insight-developers] A Contrib group?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 16 11:03:50 EST 2014

On 01/16/2014 10:51 AM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
> It's not clear from your(s) comments if you are in favor of using
> remote modules for all new modules or not?

No.  AFAIK remote modules are to be used when their maintainers
intentionally want to distribute the module separately from
upstream ITK.  I don't think they should be part of the review
process for contributions intended to go upstream.

> Or if small new contribution like a single class should be added
> as separate module or integrated into the appropriate existing module?

It should be integrated in an appropriate existing module if it
makes sense and otherwise used to create a new module.  That
decision should be part of the review process.  In either case
by putting the code right in the source tree for review then
we get Gerrit and CDash at Home to test it.

-Brad K