[Insight-developers] [ITK Community] A Contrib group?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Jan 16 11:05:05 EST 2014

Perhaps one way to approach the discussion is to actually
draw a map of the the paths that new code can take in the
current ITK landscape. Different types of code would follow
different paths.

Then we can better evaluate whether the workflows are
appropriate, and whether we need to refine the tools that
go with them.

I agree with Brad K, in that what we first need to address
the governance of code flow, and then we will have a
better perspective for discussing the actual mechanisms.

Creating a Contrib group, doesn't quite address the more
fundamental issue that we need to recruit more volunteers
developers to actually review and improve code.

We already have the backlog of the Review directory...

      Luis