[Insight-developers] Problem building ITK

Padfield, Dirk R (GE Global Research) padfield at research.ge.com
Thu Feb 6 12:01:10 EST 2014

Hi All,

I have a problem building ITK on my Mac that I wanted to ask about.  ITK builds all the way to the end but then fails when linking

Linking CXX shared library ../../../../lib/libitkSCIFIO-4.6.dylib

This is followed by a string of errors inside of SCIFIOImageIO.

Here are my specs:
Mac OSX 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
Xcode 5.0.2
CMake 2.8.11
ITK latest git pull with:
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = ON
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE = RelWithDebInfo

Also, I am building with "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefiles" and "specify native compilers" of "C = gcc" and "C++ = g++".

When running CMake on this version, there is no flag for "Module_SCIFIO".

By the way, I also tried downloading Insight-4.5.0 and building it exactly the same way, and it worked fine.  I noticed that in CMake for 4.5.0, it has a flag "Module_SCIFIO", which is off by default.  But if I turn this flag on and rebuild, I get the same issue described above.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dirk