[ITK-dev] FDFImageIO Pull request

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 2 09:50:25 EST 2014

Hello Nick,

The patch adds the missing private registration method that results in a link error.

Then the patch adds the correct export specifications so that it can be a shared library on windows, and utilize default internal linkage with GCC. This minimizes the number of symbols exported creating a more efficient library. The one issue here was what to do with the functions in the FDFCommonImage header[1]. I didn't mark them as exported. I think these are more like private methods, so perhaps the header should be moved to the src directory so that it's not installed and not usable outside the module.

Brad

[1] https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/itkFDFImageIO/blob/master/include/itkFDFCommonImageIO.h