[ITK-dev] itkGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter cxx code

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed Apr 16 07:18:42 EDT 2014

Dear Antonio,
welcome to ITK.

The *ITK implementation* of Perona and Malik's gradient anisotropic
diffusion smoothing filter is contained in the
itkGradientNDAnisotropicDiffusionFunction.hxx file, being its header file
itkGradientNDAnisotropicDiffusionFunction.h.

Basically, former .txx files were renamed to .hxx files due to, among
others, IDE-related issues.

I guess the implementation may contain enhancements on the basis of
posterior scientific papers published on the same issue.

In the ITK software guide [1] you will be able to find out a thorough
description of the filter's inner workings, as well as many useful examples.

You will find that the software guide is a quite useful to introduce
yourself to ITK. Furthremore, the ITK wiki contains also a bunch of useful
examples. For filtering purposes,
there are a couple of sections ([2] and [3]) that you may find interesting.

HTH,
JON HAITZ

[1] http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf
[2]