[Insight-developers] C++x11 patches know what changed

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Nov 4 08:51:18 EST 2013

Hello,

There have been a number of patches in the last couple of weeks trying to get ITK to work with newer C++x11 compilers. I implore every to please do the research to find out what changed in the standard and why the old code no longer works. Other wise you are just hacking. And please include that in your commit message to that we can all learn these things that are changing in the standard to we can write better code.

Here is an interesting change with the ios class which is used as a base class for all stream classes:

http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/ios/ios/operator_bool/

The following has been removed:
operator void*() const;

and replaces with: