[Insight-developers] Mirror of ITK testing data on http://slicer.kitware.com/midas3/

Jean-Christophe Fillion-Robin jchris.fillionr at kitware.com
Wed May 29 13:26:22 EDT 2013

Hi Matt,

I think that makes sens. Especially considering Slicer relies heavily on
ITK. Making the testing process of ITK more robust is great.

What is the current size of the asset store associated with ITK community ?
Will then check with our sysadmin to see if there are any implications.

Similarly, we will also consider mirroring our community into your midas
instance :)  (~400GB)

Thanks
Jc

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Matt McCormick
<matt.mccormick at kitware.com>wrote:

> Hi Slicers,
>
> In ITK, we use the same ExternalData [1] mechanism that Slicer uses
> [2] to store and fetch testing data.  In this system, it is possible
> to have multiple resources (servers) that store the test data.
> Currently, there are two servers that store the testing data [3].  We
> are wondering is we could please use the Slicer Midas3 server [4] as
> an additional mirror to improve our redundacy.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt
>

> [1] http://www.kitware.com/source/home/post/107
> [2] https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/CMake/ExternalData.cmake