[Insight-developers] Fwd: [Vxl-users] VXL has moved from Subversion to Git!

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon May 6 17:45:26 EDT 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Leotta <matt.leotta at kitware.com>
Date: Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:34 PM
Subject: [Vxl-users] VXL has moved from Subversion to Git!
To: vxl-announce-request at lists.sourceforge.net,
vxl-users at lists.sourceforge.net, VXL
<vxl-maintainers at lists.sourceforge.net>

I'd like to formally announce that VXL has migrated from Subversion to
Git for source code version control.  We are continuing to use
SourceForge for hosting, mailing lists, and other services.

If you were previously accessing the VXL Subversion repository for
development snapshots, please follow the instructions on the wiki link
below to get your source code from the Git repository instead.  The
previous Subversion repository will remain active (read-only) for some
time, but will not receive any further changes.

The Git repository is now open for development for active VXL
maintainers to contribute changes.  In the short term, our development
and release process is not expected to change dramatically.  However,
as VXL maintainers become more accustomed to Git, we expect to enhance
our workflow for an easier and more stable release process.  We also
hope to encourage more outside developers (without VXL write access)
to contribute changes back to VXL through code sharing and code review
services like GitHub.  Stay tuned for more updates.

VXL Git instructions: http://sourceforge.net/p/vxl/wiki/Git/

Thanks,
Matt Leotta