[Insight-developers] new shrink filter with average value

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jun 20 06:31:17 EDT 2013

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your work.

The standard way to contribute a new class to ITK it to write an Insight Journal[1] article which describes the algorithm.

Generally these can be started locally as an External module in ITK[2], which can include testing and other needed cmake configuration information. Your code appear to have external dependencies that are not in ITK, and not up to ITK style guidelines[3].

Also, I have also implement a very similar algorithm[2]. I have have extensively tested it to ensure that the physical location of the pixels is maintained and that it's is computationally efficient. I have upgraded to the latest iterators only available in ITK 4.4. Please give the filter a try and let me know how it works for you.

Brad

[1] http://www.insight-journal.org
[2] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Release_4/New_Code_Contribution_Process#External_Modules
[3] http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Coding_Style_Guide