[Insight-developers] RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter

sgerber sgerber at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jul 17 11:15:18 EDT 2013

Hi

RecursiveMultiResolutionPyramidImageFilter behaves significantly
different when using UseShrinkImageFilterOff() vs.
UseShrinkImageFilterOn(). The default, UseShrinkImageFilterOn(), uses
for subsampling a single pixel ("top right" corner) which results, for
piecewise constant images, in image gradients being shifted in physical
space. Is this intended? It's not the behaviour I expected when I used
this filter. It is also not documented in the PyramidFilter
documentation or the ShrinkImageFilter that this is the subsampling
method used.

Thanks
Sam