[Insight-developers] ITK development master requires VTK even when VTKGlue is off?

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 8 11:43:01 EDT 2013

I can log this as a bug, but I'm wondering if there's something simple I'm
doing wrong:

OS: OS X 10.7.5
Compiler: Apple LLVM version 4.2 (clang-425.0.28) (based on LLVM 3.2svn)
          Target: x86_64-apple-darwin11.4.2
          Thread model: posix
CMAKE: cmake version 2.8.10.2
ITK Version: commit d68d7a262bfc2ec40164670832d0d1478cf3ec65

I'm getting this error running CMake, on the first CMake run in a clean
build directory:

CMake Error at /scratch/kent/opt/CMake
2.8-10.app/Contents/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindVTK.cmake:135 (message):
  VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory
  containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree,
or
  PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of
  UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or
  PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  Modules/Bridge/VtkGlue/itk-module-init.cmake:4 (find_package)
  CMakeLists.txt:579 (include)

Now this looks like there's a problem with excluding the VTKGlue module?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu