[Insight-developers] OtsuThresholdCalculator versus OtsuMultipleThresholdsCalculator

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 18:01:15 EDT 2013

Is the difference in threshold when there are a small number of bins
explainable via the one bin difference? If it isn't then that is cause for
concern. Otherwise it is just another side effect of the original
difference. Small numbers of bins can easily break the assumptions in many
of the histogram based methods, as can data with features like large
numbers of zeros or maximum values.