[Insight-developers] Seeking advice about long running tests

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Aug 2 07:48:44 EDT 2013

David,

I have looked at the FastMarching just a little and the filter needs some work, and the test could be paired down.

Also this filter makes heavy use of stl object, and I don't think its done in the best way. That is combined with the "feature" MSVC adding a lot of useful debug checking in the STL library make it so slow in debug mode. For example the stl iterator method  has an expected cost of O(1.5N) [1].

I think it should be easy enough to pair these tests down some! It would also be good to profile this filter to know where to start looking.

https://github.com/Kitware/ITK/blob/master/Modules/Core/Common/include/itkThreadedIteratorRangePartitioner.hxx#L53

Brad