[Insight-developers] type of modification time

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Sep 24 10:43:03 EDT 2012

Hi Marius,

I have also encountered this rollover problem.  If I recall correctly,
it was only a problem when using ITK inside threads.  Is this your
case?

The type of the modified time is limited by the platform-specific
functions to perform the atomic operation that increments it.  We are
limited to the type used in the platform specific functions, and I do
not think what you are proposing will work (although I would be happy
to be proved wrong :-) ).

I came up with alternative work-around to this problem that I can
explain later today.

Thanks,
Matt