[Insight-developers] New developer -- would an implementation of steerable filters for edge and curve detection be helpful?

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Mon Nov 12 16:20:09 EST 2012

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your interest in contributing to ITK.  Implementation of
algorithm you find interesting is a great path.  Here are some
resources and suggested contribution path:

- Write your code as an ITK module as described here:

  http://insightsoftwareconsortium.github.com/ITKBarCamp-doc/ITK/ConstructITKModule/index.html

- Submit your code to the Insight Journal:

  http://insight-journal.org/

- Set up nightly dashboard submission, and submit a patch for a remote module:

  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Policy_and_Procedures_for_Adding_Remote_Modules
  http://insightsoftwareconsortium.github.com/ITKBarCamp-doc/CommunitySoftwareProcess/SubmitAPatchToGerrit/index.html

Please do not hesitate to message the list if you have questions or comments.

Where we could often use help, and a good place to learn, is Gerrit Code Reviews

  http://insightsoftwareconsortium.github.com/ITKBarCamp-doc/CommunitySoftwareProcess/PerformAGerritReview/index.html

Thanks,
Matt