[Insight-developers] Another patch for ITK 3.2 branch -- ITK_NO_RETURN seen as harmful

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue May 22 12:53:58 EDT 2012

This has thankfully gone away in ITK 4, but I ran into a problem with this
in a build that had to work in ITK 3.2.1 branch:

If you use GCC, the __attribute__ ((noreturn)) introduced by ITK_NO_RETURN
does something, but it doesn't seem to matter if a class method with that
attribute does actually return.

If you use CLang (and I tried both 3.0 and 3.2 SVN trunk), returning from
a class method with the noreturn attribute causes a segfault in
_Unwind_resume.

Can we get rid of ITK_NO_RETURN from 3.2 release branch?

Kent Williams norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu