[Insight-developers] [Vxl-users] vxl, long long, and 64-bit VS10

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Mar 16 11:51:38 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am very much looking forward to this change as it should be a starting ground to enable simple ITK to use uint64_t as a pixel type.

Currently, when the compiler uses long long there is a whole mess of errors, most of them emitting from vxl math functions not having support for long long.

I believe I needed this support to portably wrap some watershed image filters.

I look forward for this change making it into ITK.

Brad

On Mar 16, 2012, at 11:38 AM, Brad King wrote:

> On 4/1/2011 9:38 AM, Ian Scott wrote:
>> On 31/03/2011 16:53, Laflen, Brandon (GE Global Research) wrote:
>>> I am having difficulty compiling 64-bit code that uses the "long long"
>>
>> It may be trickier to add it properly to VNL in a good enough form to
>> commit, since the code will have to handle different compilers where
>> long long is a distinct type from long, vxl_int_64 on all relevent
>> compilers. (bear in mind that long long is a C99 or C++0x feature, and
>> not a part of the C++98 standard)
>
> I've made the required changes to support long long in vnl:
>
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34555
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34556
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34557
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34558
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34559
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34560
>
> While at it I also ported a cross-compiling fix from ITK:
>
>  http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/vxl?view=revision&revision=34554
>
> -Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for