[Insight-developers] Problems installing HDF5

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 16:01:32 EDT 2012

Thanks for all of the feedback on this issue :-)

1) I discovered that itk's hdf5 was not specifying the INSTALL
COMPONENT properly.
2) I discovered that there is an INSTALL COMPONENT "Unspecified" that
is not documented in CMake.
3) I discovered that not all of itk's 3rd parties use consistent COMPONENT's
4) I discovered ITK_INSTALL_NO_DEVELOPMENT and how it was not being
used consistently.

And, at least for 15 minutes , I felt like an expert on CMake INSTALL.

Bill