[Insight-developers] ENH patches for the A2D2 PBNRR

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Thu Jun 21 09:19:04 EDT 2012

Matt,

You have a wide variety of patches on the topic "PrimaryName". I am having difficulty reviewing this topic with as many commits as it is, and many of them don't appear to be depended on each other.

If it's a new A2D2, it would be best to get it in while there is still time to work on refining it. And you have an outstanding record of rapidly addressing issue that come up on the dashboard.

As for changing the ProcessObject, to support a custom PrimaryName, I am not enthused by this change. It seems like it's adding more complication to the base class without a huge benefit. With the interwoven commits on this topic it's hard to figure out  where it's needed. It appears that this was the approached used to address some bugs in the BlockMatchingImageFilter. However, I don't see why the standard numbered inputs were not used. It appears that all 3 inputs are required, which matches the conventional usage of numbered inputs.

Sorry for the delayed response,
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for