[Insight-developers] use "DATA{..}" to form a string list of input data

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Mon Jan 16 11:48:25 EST 2012

Sorry if I didn't explain it clearly.

The problem I had is  not about fetching a file series, but obtaining the
data paths and format them into a particular string as an input argument,
such as: "/path/toFileA*,* /path/to/FileB*,* /path/to/FileC", where the
comma needs to be the separator of the file names.  This format is defined
by the API of a video stream reader.

So maybe I could use ExternalData_SOURCE_ROOT directly to form the string?

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 1/15/2012 10:08 PM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:
>
>> In most cases, one input argument  only refers to a single input file.
>>
> > But in some cases, one input argument string needs be a list of files,
> > such as " /path/to/FileA, path/to/FileB, /path/to/FileC".
>
> Our instructions for adding a test and using DATA{}:
>
>  http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/**Git/Develop/Data#Add_Test<http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop/Data#Add_Test>
>
> already include information about handling multiple files.  One of the
> bullet points refers to the documentation in ExternalData in the two
> paragraphs starting here:
>
>  http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.**git;a=blob;f=CMake/**
> ExternalData.cmake;hb=v4.0.0#**l69<http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=blob;f=CMake/ExternalData.cmake;hb=v4.0.0#l69>
>
> -Brad

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124