[Insight-developers] ItkVtkGlue Python wrapper for ITK-4

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:33:50 EST 2012

Hi,

I am currently trying to write the Python wrapper based on ItkVtkGlue
for ITK-4. I managed to successfully build the Python modules for
ImageToVTKImageFilter and VTKImageToImageFilter. The problem I am now
facing is that the GetOutput() method of ImageToVTKImageFilter returns
a pointer to vtkImageData. When calling the method from Python, the
following is returned:

<Swig Object of type 'vtkImageData *' at 0x7fbdc8043e10>

However, the SetInput() method of say, for example,
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper, requires a vtkImageData object and not a Swig
object of type vtkImageData*. I think I am missing some proxy class or
type registration in the SWIG framework. Could someone help/point me
in the right direction about this issue. Has anyone already developed
the Python wrapper for this module?

Please note that I know nothing about SWIG and that I'm fairly new to
the ITK architecture. I am willing to contribute the Python wrapper as
a pull request upon completion.

I posted the same question on the user mailing list but I thought it
would be more appropriate here.

Félix C. Morency, M.Sc.
Plateforme d’analyse et de visualisation d’images
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Sherbrooke
Centre de recherche clinique Étienne-Le Bel
Local Z5-3031 | 819.346.1110 ext 16634