[Insight-developers] ITKApps Superbuild

Williams, Norman K norman-k-williams at uiowa.edu
Tue Jan 10 09:42:01 EST 2012

FLTK is dependent on Carbon under OSX, so it's 32-bit only on that
platform.

I've used this to build FLTK

ExternalProject_add(fltk
  URL "http://ftp2.easysw.com/pub/fltk/1.1.10/fltk-1.1.10-source.tar.gz"
  URL_MD5 e6378a76ca1ef073bcb092df1ef3ba55
  UPDATE_COMMAND ""
  BUILD_IN_SOURCE 1
  CONFIGURE_COMMAND ./configure
  --prefix=${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/Prereqs
  ${platform_cflags}
)

But then everything that depends on FLTK needs this:

if(APPLE)
  # need to do a 32-bit build because of FLTK needing Carbon
  set(platform_flags ${platform_flags}
    -DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=i386
    -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-m32;-O2
    -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-m32;-O2)
    set(platform_cflags "CFLAGS=-m32 -O2" "CXXFLAGS=-m32 -O2")
endif()