[Insight-developers] MetaIO problems with mixed vtk/itk apps

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:20:54 EST 2012

Brad and Dave,

On April 6 Brad made this commit to VTK that resolved metaio config issues
for apps that use both vtk and itk.
eb53e553454bd351f211e1a5b2a0de815d94d379

Unfortunately, vtk 5.8.0 does not contain this commit.
git tag --contains eb53e553454bd351f211e1a5b2a0de815d94d379

I discovered this when a user tried to build ITKApps. He was getting weird
compile errors whenever meta code was used in an app. We also see issues in
some itk modules when vtk code is required. See for example:
http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewBuildError.php?buildid=1886652

Currently, the only solution is to checkout master or the eb5 commit. Would
it be possible to include that commit in a patch to vtk 5.8.0?

Bill