[Insight-developers] GPU code ready for Gerrit

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Mon Feb 6 18:46:04 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Kris Zygmunt <krismz at sci.utah.edu> wrote:

>> at first. I usually end up doing "git add" for the rename files  and  then
>> "git mv" to remove the old git file paths. And then git will still
>> recognize the renaming without a problem.
>>
>> Did you make changes (including formatting) first to those files before
>> doing "git mv"?
>>

> I did the git mv first, then made the changes.  Would it have been better
> to do it the other way around?  I think that should be relatively easy to
> change as I have a patch file that will just apply the changes to the
> directory, then I can do the git mv .  Preferences?

>> I think what you did was right:git mv first, and then make changes. I
just did a quick experiment of doing "git mv" first, and then modified the
newly-named file. I submit to gerrit just for reference :
http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/4193/ .
So might be something else?

Will you send the "git status" msg after "git mv" and after your
modifications?

> -Kris

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124