[Insight-developers] GPU code ready for Gerrit

Xiaoxiao Liu xiaoxiao.liu at kitware.com
Mon Feb 6 18:22:39 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Kris Zygmunt <krismz at sci.utah.edu> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Xiaoxiao Liu wrote:
>
>  Hi Kris,
>> Thanks for the details.
>> I think it makes sense to have the GPU modules in different groups
>> according to their functionality. The only thing I am concerned is that we
>> lose the convenience of having a Group switch for GPU modules. But I guess
>> we can use ITK_USE_GPU  to do something similar.
>>
>> What I did earlier with  5 video modules is that I checked in the least
>> dependent module(VideoCore) for review first and gradually checked the rest
>> of modules in bundles according to the module dependencies. I wouldn't
>> trying to put all modules to review at once. If you check in a giant patch,
>> it might take longer to review than the patch by patch way. Anyway, just my
>> two cents.
>>

> I have created the first patch for the GPUCommon module and submitted it
> to gerrit with topic name GPUCommon http://review.source.kitware.**
> com/#/c/4190/ <http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/4190/> .  Other than
> some changes to cmake files and itkMacro.h to help with building the GPU
> code, this patch consists of first moving the files in Modules/GPU/Common
> to Modules/Core/GPUCommon and then modifying some of those files.  The
> annoying thing is that git seems to have interpreted these two actions to
> mean delete the Modules/GPU/Common files and create new files in
> Modules/Core/GPUCommon even though I used git mv for the first step.  Thus
> the diffs provided are unhelpful.  Is there any way I can do these steps in
> a single commit and have git track the diffs accordingly?
>

>> "git mv" usually works for me. Sometimes when I forgot to do "git mv" at
first. I usually end up doing "git add" for the rename files  and  then
"git mv" to remove the old git file paths. And then git will still
recognize the renaming without a problem.

Did you make changes (including formatting) first to those files before
doing "git mv"?

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/index.php?title=ITK/Gerrit/Reviewers&oldid=41166#Explicit_List

> -Kris

*Xiaoxiao Liu*, Ph.D.
R & D Engineer
Kitware Inc <http://www.kitware.com/>.
Clifton Park, NY
Phone: (518) 881-4924  or  (518) 371-3971 x124