[Insight-developers] release candidate software quality process

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Feb 6 08:32:18 EST 2012

Hello Matt,

Has the dashboard been re-opened?

I am trying to merge the following gerrit topic:

http://review.source.kitware.com/#/c/3776/

and I am getting the following:

$ git gerrit-merge
Are you sure you want to merge to ITK master? [N/y]: y
remote: Counting objects: 15, done.
Unpacking objects: 100% (8/8), done.
From git://itk.org/stage/ITK
 * [new branch]      ShortenTimeVaryingTestDuration -> stage/ShortenTimeVaryingTestDuration
   a95d57d..1e3f30a  master     -> stage/master
 x [deleted]         (none)     -> stage/AddVectorSupportToSmoothingRecursiveGaussian
Counting objects: 52, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (36/36), done.
Writing objects: 100% (36/36), 5.17 KiB, done.
Total 36 (delta 27), reused 0 (delta 0)
W refs/heads/master blowekamp at mail.nih.gov DENIED by refs/heads/master
error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
To git at itk.org:stage/ITK.git
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> master (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git at itk.org:stage/ITK.git'

Thanks,
Brad

On Feb 5, 2012, at 5:21 PM, Matt McCormick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A quick summary for those that missed the Friday TCon on the release
> candidate software process:
>
> The repository is now open for merging for the next RC.  We will have
> weekly RC tag's as required before the release.
>
> Please merge bug fixes during the beginning of the week.  On Wednesday
> night when the dashboard builds start, the repository will be frozen.
> Thursday, dashboard fixes can be merged by sending a request to
> gate-keepers.  When the dashboard looks good on Friday, we will tag
> and unfreeze the repository.
>
> Please keep a vigilant eye on the dashboard, and try to fix any bugs it finds.
>
> Happy hacking,
> Matt

> http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Bradley Lowekamp