[Insight-developers] "itkSyNImageRegistrationMethod" cannot return its metric's transform properly

Ghayoor, Ali ali-ghayoor at uiowa.edu
Sun Dec 2 17:15:16 EST 2012

Hi Nick and Hans,

I am sorry that my first email was not clear enough and thanks Hans for clarification.

I had done something like you presented in the previous email to get the current transform, and it was working; however, my focus was to get the current transform without making any changes to the ITK registration framework.

m_outputTransform is updated when optimization is completed, so I tried to get the current transform from the optimizer or metric, and I was thinking it would return its current transform like generic optimization framework, but it seems we have to do some light changes to itkSyNImageRegistrationMethod to finish this task.

Also, I think instead of updating the m_outputTransform at each iteration, we can add an interface to the optimizer framework of SyN filter to return the composer output if it is asked.

Thanks,
Ali