[Insight-developers] MetaIO Unknown meta-data bug

Stephen Aylward stephen.aylward at kitware.com
Wed Aug 15 10:57:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

First - thanks!!!!   It is great to catch these lingering errors.

Second - The ITK version of MetaIO is locked, and so it should not be
possible for you to commit changes to it.   It is automatically
updated by a robot whenever the main repo is changed.  The main repo
is shared by ITK and VTK.

Third - it is a bug we should fix.   My preference is to simply not
write out a tag if there is no associated value.   Agreed?    Then, if
a tag without a value is found, should it report an error, or just
continue on?   I guess continue on, but not report that tag as set.
Agreed?

Thanks,
Stephen

--