[Insight-developers] ITKv4.2.0 Release Schedule Important Dates and Deadlines

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Apr 20 15:57:49 EDT 2012

Hello,

For those who were not able to join us at this afternoons TCON, I thought we should share important dates for the upcoming release cycle. We started with the hard dealing on June30th, and work back from there. The time for adding new features in this release cycle is quickly coming to an end. Here are the important date:

ITKv4.2.0 Release:  June 30th, 2012

Feature Freeze:        May 28, 2012
Weekly RC: Begin    June 1st, 2012

This means that new features really should be in Gerrit by May 21st. That will only allow a week to review and revise the patches. Reviewers should try to plan time to review pending patches especially during this week.  The Feature Freeze mean that only documentation and bug fixes should be merged after May 28th. The repository may be locked to enforce this.

The JIRA system currently is reporting for the ITKv4.2 release the following status of tickets:

Bug: 10
Improvement: 9
New Feature: 2
Sub-task: 20
Task: 10
Total Issues: 51
To Do: 37
Unresolved: 41
In Progress: 4
Resolved: 10
Done: 10

That is quite a large number of tickets.

It is important to maintain the status of your tickets and the issues you are planning on working during the development cycle to communicate to the community what is being planned on being reviewed and committed to the repository.

There are currently 2 schedule sprints left to end on May 4th and May 21st.  The date for the releases in JIRA have been updated.

Please update tickets as you work and progress.

The wiki Release schedules have also been updated:

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Release_4/ReleaseSchedules#ITK-v4.2

All dates should be consistent at this point.

Thanks for everyones continued hard work and contributions.
Brad

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for
National Library of Medicine