[Insight-developers] Reducing the number of targets

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Apr 2 09:50:37 EDT 2012

Matt,

It would be interesting to know how many of the people who reported that VS10 hung for them had python installed. It would not surprise me if ~50% of developers have python installed. Clearly, none of the main ITK developers prefer VS. So it's not clear to me how this will really hurt development. Right now we have to choose between running the Examples or running the Tests on the dashboard. I think the HeaderTests are less important than either of those.

Perhaps we could at least consolidate all the Header tests for each module into a single one, with multiple cxx files into one executable.

$ make help |grep HeaderTest[23456789] | wc -l
      23

I commented out the 344 targets, mentioned below, and my vs10 appears to be happily compiling away now.

Brad

blowekamp at mail.nih.gov