[Insight-developers] Multiple valgrind defects

Arnaud Gelas Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 23 09:38:31 EDT 2011

Bill,

The main goal of the new framework is to provide an extensible
framework, where new terms can be easily added and contributed by the
community.
Enumerated all possible terms is not a solution.

Briefly, here is a summary

1) N level sets, N PDEs
2) each PDE_{i} has M_{i} terms
3) each term can depend on the N level sets, but contribute to a
single PDE_{j}
4) each level set has an ID which could be an integer (fine if you
have 1000 level sets) or a std::string (can be more appropriate if you
have 3-4 level sets for representing organs or tissues).

Each term needs the level set container, and the current level set "id".

When constructing one term, the current level set id needs to be
initialized...

Should we create an extra intermediate layer which would specialize
LevelSetEquationTermContainerBase for integer and for std::string
(then classes which were inheriting from
LevelSetEquationTermContainerBase would inherit form this one) ?
Or is there another possible mechanism to be used ?

Thanks,
Arnaud