[Insight-developers] Problems creating a patch for the release branch

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Oct 19 12:38:11 EDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 12:28 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I am trying to create a patch for the release branch.
 > I cannot find a wiki page describing the process

It's right inline with the main instructions:

   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Git/Develop#Create_a_Topic

   $ git checkout -b my-topic origin/master
   (If you are fixing a bug in the latest release then
    substitute origin/release for origin/master.)

> git checkout master
> git pull
> git checkout -B MyTopic
> git rebase release

This tries to rebase all of master on release, making every
ITKv4 change on the 3.20 branch.  Not what you want ;)

-Brad