[Insight-developers] itkSuperclassTraitMacro

Gelas, Arnaud Joel Florent Arnaud_Gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 5 04:23:23 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have just found out about this macro,

/** Macro used to redefine a type from the superclass. */
#define itkSuperclassTraitMacro(traitnameType) \
typedef typename Superclass::traitnameType traitnameType;

This macro is only used in 14 classes...

We should either make use of this macro in most of itk classes, or in none of them for consistency purpose.

Should we keep and use this macro throughout the toolkit? or get rid of it?

btw: when using this macro you should not add an extra ';' it creates a justified doxygen warning...

Thanks,
Arnaud