[Insight-developers] Using ITKv4 Exported Targets In SimpleITK

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Oct 4 09:19:45 EDT 2011

Hello,

Sorry for the lack of clarity.

The system given the error has the following in the initial DASHBOARD_CACHE:
ITK_DIR:PATH=$ENV{PLAYPEN}/MacOSX-WrapITK/ITK-build

This is the path to a nightly ITK build. It is expected that the itkTestDriver chosen should be int ${ITK_DIR}/bin. For some reason the target "itkTestDriver" is not getting exported from the ITK build into the SimpleITK build, causing some how the command to find the itkTestDriver in my path. I am actually not entirely sure how the imported and export targets are suppose to work. Just after reading that section in the CMake book, and looking at some installed cmake files from ITK, I expected for cmake to just know that this executable was coming from the ITK project.

The DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH error is irrelevant because it's the wrong executable being run. If the executable from the build directory is chosen, then the intrinsic default developers library path should work, no?

This seems like it has gotten complicated. Do you have a simple example of how I should be able to use the "itkTestDriver" through the cmake include interface ITKv4 provides? from both installed and build directories?

Thanks,
Brad

On Oct 4, 2011, at 8:24 AM, Brad King wrote:

> On 10/3/2011 4:57 PM, Bradley Lowekamp wrote:
>> It appears that the test picked is out of my home directory and not
>> related to the ITK_DIR just built.
>
> Is it actually the test executable or rather a shared library loaded
> at runtime?  The exported targets will handle link time rules.  You
> still need to ensure DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly to find the
> installed ITK at runtime.
>
> -Brad K

Bradley Lowekamp
Medical Science and Computing for