[Insight-developers] Kitware Robots still appear to be dead

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Oct 3 12:35:40 EDT 2011

On 10/3/2011 11:31 AM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I am still want to do an analysis of the offending tests so that I can
> identify offenders.

But, why have a default that is so big, or even bigger than 1K?  If you
need more for a particular test, then change it to full output as you
need it.   Otherwise, someone could turn on some debug flag or check in
a new very verbose tests and just needlessly chew up resources.  There
are not infinite resources behind this.  As new tests are added, we
don't want them spewing out too much stuff that ends up in the CDash DB.
   Can you give an example where 1K is too small?  ITK is the only
project that I know of that changes the default.

-Bill