[Insight-developers] Nightly build against nightly vxl

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 26 18:00:26 EDT 2011

On 05/26/2011 04:16 PM, Bill Lorensen wrote:
> I'm confused. Are you saying that somewhere on this dashboard:
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight there is a
> submission that builds against the nightly vxl?

No.  I was not talking about a build using nightly vxl.  I was saying
that the reason I'm not willing to switch my modular build to a normal
build is that the scripts are testing a whole bunch of infrastructure.
Among that infrastructure is a build of the tests outside the tree
just like we used to have prior to modularization.

Forget I mentioned it.  It has nothing to do with setting up a new
nightly vxl build.

> If not, can you post a ctest/cmake script that will build against the
> nightly vxl and the nightly itk. I want to see this on the current ITK
> dashboard: http://www.cdash.org/CDash/index.php?project=Insight

Use any current dashboard script, like this one:

  http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=1166188

Add to the dashboard_cache string literal

  ITK_USE_SYSTEM_VXL:BOOL=ON
  VXL_DIR:PATH=/path/to/vxl-build

You can checkout vxl with svn:

  svn co http://vxl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vxl/trunk vxl

Build vxl with a cron job running a script like this:

  cd vxl
  svn update
  cd ../vxl-build
  cmake ../vxl -DBUILD_CONTRIB:BOOL=OFF \